Friday, May 9, 2008

The Wild Turkeys Won

Well, tomorrow is the last day of Wild Turkey Season in NC for Spring 2008. I did not spend as much time as I would like to have out there, but I gave it a try.
Due to the kindness of a new friend, I was able to hunt for one evening and one morning on some land with a healthy Turkey population. I managed to see one hen from about 100 yards away, and walking in the other direction. That same day I heard 3 gobblers, each on different sides of me but they were decidedly uninterested in my calls. I guess Ill spend the summer trying to learn how to use a Wild Turkey call and in finding some decent places to hunt them.
Go figure, the same area I normally hunt, I saw a flock of them walking one day during deer season and could have easily bagged one with an arrow. I guess they knew they were out of season then.

No comments: